- Story Type specializes in providing accurate transcripts with a quick turnaround. Not your usual transcribers or typists, we take personal pride in our work. We learn a lot from our clients because the material we receive is interesting, intelligent, and thought-provoking. We're often asked for copyediting services in addition to our usual proofreading.
- We primarily serve journalists, writers, teachers, keynote speakers, film editors, filmmakers, researchers, TV and radio producers, and online podcasters.
- Story Type handles your source media with care. You can trust us with your micro or standard audiocassette, digital audio tape, VHS video tape, CD, hard copy. Most of our clients furnish audio files including: DSS (Olympus), MP3, MP4, WAV, MOV, 3GP (QuickTime) QCP (Qualcomm's PureVoice), RM (Real Media), and VOC, WAV, WMA (Windows Media). If it's audio, we'll transcribe it!
- Your documents are always secure and remain confidential; and we like to keep it simple. We email your Word document to you as soon as it is completed. If you wish, we will create a secure password-protected directory created specifically for you to download your documents. It's up to you.
- In addition to quality transcripts, you get fantastic, personalized service with excellent prices. Plus, we provide generous discounts for your large volume or ongoing projects such as broadcast television and radio programs, podcasts, or novels. Check out our competition. Our standards, rates, and personal service outshine them all.
- Story Type is based in the westside of Los Angeles. Since 1993, we've worked exclusively from our home offices - long before it was standard practice.
In 1997, Story Type was born. Our client base grew solely by word of mouth, and in 1999 we launched our web site and we've been here